iracing

Talk about anything other than LFSNZ.
thorns
PRO

iracing

Postby thorns » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Just seeing of anyone else here has had a crack at iRacing? I have been off and on with it since it was released. Anyone else currently/previously subscribed?
ImageImageImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: LifeSteala

Re: iracing

Postby Steala » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm

I know that Sly_Guy knows about it, and I "think" he has tried/subscribed previously... I'm sure he'll reply when he see's this
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

yea he has it and dabbles now and then, i think he said it was expiring soon so not sure if he renewed it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:01 pm

subscribed on the weekend
$25us or $34.99 kiwi for 3months (special usually $50us for 3 months...gulp
still learning in and outs of it all
not going to give it a rateing just yet....but its probally not going to top lfs for me
grafix /car modeling are stunning (for a p.c racing sim that is)
spent a few hours getting it to run in tripple head..which made a huge difference to immersion
and my frame rates only droped from 80 to 50 with softth
lfs frame rate in tripple head for me is down in the 20/30fps mark ...so stoked about that
the whole e net interface is lame...meaning no net no game...also take ages to change cars/tracks
and i have a feeling would probally use more b band than lfs .
and its serious shit to....just slideing 90degres to race line can earn negtive safety ratings(you need them
to be allowed to enter a race)
upon not being able to correct that slide and say going into a spin will net you additional negtive safety points
next comes the off track excursion points and finally the solid wall points
contact with others comes also at a heavy points loss and even if its not ur fault
this game play has its pros and cons....which is a whole other story

now this is only gauged off the three cars avalible to me
physics are interesting...i think developers should be made to play others sims as there is much that
could be learnt from this . lfs and iracing are defanatly different
iracings idea of forcefeed back is massive bumps and shakes through the wheel with just a suttle
hint of what the car is doing underneath
(my way of looking at this is in lfs when you turn in to a corner the force feed back that u get back
through the wheel tells you if you are understeering or about to over steer....or is actually hooking up perfect)

there is very little of this in iracing .intead chooseing to concetrated on how rough this track should feel
vibrating through ur wheel (i did mess around with this trying 2 different g25s on it and every expert on the nets settings)the proper feed back is there ..but only just....(turning ffb up only makes the wheel shake to the point of being undrivable)
there are some good points
speed bumps/twitches....not the ones you hit......the ones i racing put in as you gather speed
leading to what i call a death grip going down any fast straight.. that aint smooth
few straights top this off with proper bumps at high speeds causing tighing of death grip even more

also think the overal simulated speed is slower but not by much......meaning having to take corners at what seems to be a slower speed than you would think you could if it was lfs
seems to make it more real i guess...

no race line ...well not one that if found yet ..so have found that kinda fun
game setting are minimal when compared to lfs
feild of view is the only adjustable view...and cock pit view only
car settings are basic
and damage is a killer...just wide onto the grass will generaly bent stuff
and any leap over curbs/bumps will end your race

lots more rant on about ...but was only surposed to be a quick heads up on my 2days with iracing
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:27 am

Cheers for the run down man, keep us informed of how its going!

sounds like its pretty hard out, im sure irl your wouldnt bend sutff just by going onto the grass + mounting a curb, V8 supercars can do pretty much that all day and still be sweet I reckon (except at hamilton 500 :))

ahhh no racing line! i wouldnt know which way to turn lol. but i supoose you dont have that irl, those point things you get for spins and slides and contact is interesting, Stops crashers and crap drivers i guess.

hows the Car sim going? no more breakages?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

Return to “Other”