KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

BOYZ TOYZ [BYZTYZ]

Postby KWAK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:39 am

Hey all!

Over the last week I have been looking at computers, but soon realised after getting a helping hand from fellow [LFSNZ] er's that I really need to spend more than I had, so I went on the mission to find something else that was a little cheaper, I ended up buying this:

http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd62.html

Got it second hand for $180, damm it goes hard and is hard when on dirt running only rear wheel drive. Its doing about 60+ kmph, needs some tuning done to it.

I know some else on the weekend bought a new toy too (they may share that), what other toys do you lads own? Bikes, cars?
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Re: BOYZ TOYZ [BYZTYZ]

Postby Swivel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm

LOL.

Looks nice, and i don't think it floats though (so stay away from the lake)
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Nice, I used to dabble in nitro cars, but got sick to death of the maintanence, tuning, and breaking bloody pull starts!
Have often thought about getting another toy like this, but if I do, it'd be a brushless electric one, those things haul some ass these days!

Those duratrax trucks are meant to be pretty tough as well!
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 pm

yea looks mean, keen to see it in action!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am

I used to have a nitro 1/10 truck run on 5% nitro methanol. It was good fun to rip up peoples lawns and terrify their pets.
It broke a clutch spring within about 5 uses to i upgraded to a traxxas one which was really good and lasted for ages. then that broke and i sold it for 50$ less than i bought it for. Its a very expensive hobbie though, 20 bucks for a litre of gas, 20 bucks worth of batteries, plus parts and starter gear etc at least another 100$.

I have been very interested in those rock crawlers, well the scale ones. Have looked at buying an axial kit but cant justify the cost and having to buy things from the usa for it.

Also i have been building a go kart for myself. removable front axle (incase a gutter jumps out at me) and a trusty 3hp briggs and stratton which i reconditioned, built a new exhaust and painted up at the end of 2008.

25x25 box steel tig welded frame custom made , fully tig welded etc. the only things ive bought for it bar the steel is the wheels and pillow blocks for the rear axle. everything else has been made by myself. heres some pics

just need to get some pit bike brakes, a clutch, sprocket and chain and away we go.
Image ImageImage
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Postby Swivel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:55 am

Nice , Now is it going to get the LFSNZ colours LOL
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am

Cool project!

Once you have this one sorted, you should build one with a road bike engine, say a hayabusa motor :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am

sweet! good old B&S 3hp my mates and I in hight school amde somthing similar, had it up to 60k but was bit low on the gearing so had no balls.

using v belt with pulleys?? what clutch you using? we just had a lever that tensioned up the belt.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:32 pm

nope thats rangi.. i lost the belt but still have the lever and stuff mainly because the gearing will be screwed because its for running a rotary hoe wheel which is alot bigger than my 15$ supercheap wheels. just gona use a chain with a centrifugal clutch can get one on trademe for about 100 bucks.

And no the colour will be grey cause thats the paint ive got left in the shed. might pick up some cheap cans from super cheap of a different colour ive i got spare cash.

neda find some pics of our project from the last year just gone to.. youll like it.

@ thorns, id like to put a hayabusa into something like a daihatsu charade or something small. that would be sick as
Image ImageImage
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Postby KWAK » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Well didnt take 24 hours before I destroyed the Diff bearings, some damage may have been caused by the previous owner, but I def finished them off! So I went onto Towerhobbies.com and bought all the diff bearings and gears etc, then started thinking hmmmmmmmm....................

So now I have my old TL-01 touring chassis out and have modded that too, so that it will be running scale off-road tyres and bigger shocks and hopefully order a Landcruiser body for it! hmm.............. $$$$$

Return to “Other”