Test Drive 2 unlimited

Talk about anything other than LFSNZ.
R33NZ
Beginner
Combat Arms Name: NZSAS

Test Drive 2 unlimited

Postby R33NZ » Sun May 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Anyone tryed this game??? i just brought it for 25nz from steam its 100 from eb games etc.
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Re: Test Drive 2 unlimited

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 pm

I loved the first one, albeit a bit terrible with the physics but it was fun and my G25 worked wonderfully. So naturally i entered the private beta and was immediately very disappointed. The fact that it took me about 2-3 weeks to actually be able to connect to a server was annoying. Then i got in and spent a long time trying to make the g25 feel like a car should.

Thinking maybe its just a beta issue i left it and waited for the final release which i tried and it had the exact same issues so i thought ok wat the hell am i doing wrong (could almost turn the g25 90 degrees before something happened and the FFB was so unrealistic i thought i was playing NFSU) so i googled and searched there forums and quite a number of people with same issues. I tried to ignore this wheel issue as i was told by a mate it was fantastic on his xbox, i lasted 1 hour before quitting and went back to LFS.

Suffice to say this game i extremely disliked and disappointed me alot, tbh i thought the graphics were rather poor too for how much it was hyped. Anyway thats the end of my rant ive heard great things about it but without support for a wheel i spent ALOT of money on im not a fan. Maybe its changed with patches if you have a G25 would be nice to know what you think maybe its all in my head. Also sorry if this was not the response you were looking for considering you just bought it lol
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
R33NZ
Beginner

Postby R33NZ » Sun May 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Nah its all good i havent found any good feedback about it and ive got a logitech driving force so no g25 and ive got a cracked version of tdu1 which is alright and tdu2 only cost me 25 nzd so its cheap as chips if i dont like it im sure my son will thrash the guts off it pissing all the multiplayers off lol.
R33NZ
Beginner

Postby R33NZ » Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 pm

found this out for ya tonight about the g25 from another player

"i use a G25 wheel and at first i did have prioblems with it but they are easy to fix, if you try to put your settings in yourself there is a big deadzone in the steering, all you do to fix this is click detect device and then the deadzone is gone and you can also edit the presets it gives you to fit your needs, also theres people saying the ffb is bad, at first yes it is but if ur on pc you can fix it by going into the profiler and setting 70% spring effect strength and 50% damper effect strength, have 900degrees rotation setting, ingame sensitivity and speed factor all the way to the left and then the force feedback ingame will have weight to it instead of having none and you can feel wheels going light if you jump in the air, when your going at low speed.
after getting these settings right using a wheel is near perfect, the ffb can be improved a lot still by the devs but these settings atleast stop it from having no weight at all."
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 am

Ah ok cheers mate i hadnt looked since the first week or so. i might have to give it a look again
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Return to “Other”