"COCKPIT"

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Re: "COCKPIT"

Postby Swivel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Well I'm the same. But the way the family thing is going at the mo. Might just buy a few G25's
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 pm

LoL Sly i know exactly what you are on about! i think shes a bit jelous of it and its not even operational yet!!!

oh well anyway i bought a g25!!! ($400 to the door) so pricey but i think it will be worth it :) kwak n i are going to mission it this weekend to try get her all mounted and into the spare room hopefully! :lol: exciting!

There will be lots more to do after that though like speaker setup and going to cover it in duraseal to make it look pretty. and few other bits. pics on monday!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:45 pm

g25 a'comin!
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 pm

choice.........how you guys play with out g25 is what amazes me the most.....considering how quick you two are and how little feed back you get from a mouse.....anyway this thread reminds me how i should post piks of my setup
but i still havent even taken pics of it......doh....will tryn get a into g lol....g25 will make a big difference to ur driving experence but make sure you set it up with 720 as i spent 6months..including getting used to wheel
with it set at 400degres or sumfin so when i finally relised my mistake and set it corrctly i had to relearn how to drive all over again.... another great up grade that i couldnt live with out now is the tripple monitor set up.........this sounds like wank factor but man it gives you such better perspective on speed and when rounding
a hair pin or long corner u find ur self staring at the side monitors looking at ur race line and where you want to exit that corner...i have 2 center monitors mounted flat and they make up the dashboard and the third mounted off to the right on a angle giving me the view out the r/h window...i guess i was just lucky that when i upgraded vid card (1.5years ago ) that i dint chuck it out and it was able to run my screens :) fluke not planed
the first pic of the cockpit with the rx7 dash looks wicked
ImageImageImage
Krayy
Advanced

Postby Krayy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 am

I use 540 degrees of rotation which seems to be pretty good for most races.

I'm also using full manual clutch and H-Shifter (except on open wheelers where I use paddles).

I can send a bunch of macro scripts that I use if you want.
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage
Brian
Noob

Postby Brian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:22 pm

For anyone wondering, the Sequential shifter works, push the gear handel down and turn the switch thing, and wallah u got seq
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:22 pm

man that sounds like a mean setup kronik! yea i have seen youtube comparison clips of single and triple monitor setups or lfs and yea helps heaps to see you around the corner. i need to turn up my rotation only 200 atm.

ive read the full post on that batty dash/cockpit and its my favourite of all ive seen, such a cool layout and the PC is built into the frame and uses a real car heater fan for cooling lol

me and kwak got the g25 all mounted on the cockpit in the weekend! and moved it inside! looks rangi at the moment but hasnt cost me much at all (apart from g25) and will be better once ive done the finishing work. havnt tested on PC yet so hopefully tonight.

I reckon i did pretty well with my PS2 controller but had got to the point where i had got all the speed i could get out of it, could never get consistant times close to the on CTRA late at night when the good guys are on. hopelly with g25 i can be heaps more accurate. Yea I need to get G25 my setup right on it so i can keep a standard platform to learn on. finding braking the hardest at the moment, being to weak on the pedal.

pics tonight!
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:30 pm

sweet.....i think the trick is to set the logitech profiler at 720 and then lfs will automatically change the rotation
when you change vehicles......well thats how my setup magically does it :) the only thing i have to manually change
between cars is the force feedback.
ImageImageImage
Dr.Felix
Noob

Postby Dr.Felix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey folks, I'm a mate of Kronik and have some photos of his cockpit..... This thing has lead to a heap of hours of drinking etc so I can honestly say top notch investment :D
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm

cant see nufin
ImageImageImage

Return to “General”