"COCKPIT"

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
Dr.Felix
Noob

Re: "COCKPIT"

Postby Dr.Felix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 1.jpg (143.29 KiB) Viewed 11099 times
Dr.Felix
Noob

Postby Dr.Felix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Pic 2.jpg
Pic 2.jpg (131.39 KiB) Viewed 11090 times
pic 3.jpg
pic 3.jpg (115.35 KiB) Viewed 11089 times
Dr.Felix
Noob

Postby Dr.Felix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Heres a youtube clip of it in action.....

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=qLEF4I-7zAU
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:17 pm

chea bo..
so here is my 2nd attempt at building a semi serious cockpit....1st one consisted of only one monitor width
hole cut out of my multipurpose spaceconstrainted room wall !!!!! obviously the second attempt required a
larger hole cut out of my LOADBEARING wall lol.....anyway its pretty rough.....mainly because as soon as it
was plugged in .....i no longer cared :) (and will explain later) so the seat sits on the floor ..with no adjuster
pedals are the same just proped up on a angle with wood and sum super sticky carpet and of course da g25z
profiler seting .enable./pedal./2./grip./carpet setting ..set to max
shifter sits extemely stiff bolted to floor in exactly the same positon as my RL cars
steering wheel sits 2low unfortunaly my improvised mod between 1st and 2nd attempts to make it better
made it worse...but its just bearable..and importantly solid...so we dont wana go fucking round with shit that
ive glued.... when i cant even be bothered putting a lick of paint on her lol

so 3rd attempt

im currently sifing throught trade me and turners...looking for a cheap series 4/5 rx7 or starion turbo
rolling body/frontal damaged / good interior cars to make ........i know you know that im about to say XRT :)
sooooooo i wana do a fire wall cut and mount four screens this time..little big larger id say...and just use
all my exisiting shit....just mounted a little better...hopefully tilt colum etc...would love to use key to start ...etc
and yes keeping the whole rear end of the car intact...should be sweet...even as a passenger

link to vid .....screens look shit house but im sure yall know what lfs looks like.( driver dr felix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLEF4I-7 ... annel_page

us being animals on RL track.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnoRKNgD ... re=channel

please pm if ya know of any doner vehicles for my cause
thanks
ImageImageImage
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Postby KWAK » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Nice, cheers for sharing guys, 4age'd has been around taupo I think in his KE, and I'm sure is part of the http://www.oldskool.co.nz crew too, I'm planning on making my cockpit very soon, as I do shift/roster work, and my dad has the room and tools do the job, I need to tie in with him too. He is having a look around his workshop for some gauges for me to use aswell, fingers crossed.
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 am

nice setup with those triple monitors

man those guys were mad as LoL! yea been around taupo twice in the ke30, wasnt a drift session though but still good fun. i think ive seen that Gen Lee ke35 around on oldschool.co.nz looks pretty low.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Dr.Felix
Noob

Postby Dr.Felix » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:44 pm

ha ha the mighty gen lee, thats Kroniks whip... we're overhauling it at the moment... Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag for him :p Should be a hella little track thrasher tho!! Just ordered my G25 this morning, so keen to get into some online thrashing.... Bout time you and I went head to head Kronik
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 pm

cool this is mine!

with 4age of course

cool have to get practicing with the fox and join on wednesday next week felix! anyone keen on a fox practice run tommorow night?
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:04 am

here it is, not finished but i can use it :)

had a good run around the autocross with kronik last night in xfg couldn't get the acceleration right which is werid coz i have been ok with that with the FWD cars. I could only get gears to change with paddel shifters on the FOX as well - guessing that is normal. do you need to use clutch in between gears?
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Wow boyz your hardware setups look wicked.....well done!!! I'm a lil jealous right now but hope to get over it before my cultural urge to come over and thief it takes over.....mwahahahaha!!

Return to “General”