Next series?

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
KR0NIK
Advanced

Re: Next series?

Postby KR0NIK » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm

sounds good ..but taking weight penaltys from previous series could handicap good driver in other series that
are not as fast in lxs
maybe add high qualifing points right down the feild for the first qualifing session (so there emphasis on going
fast in qualifing and maybe a longer qual time ) and then dertermin weight penaltys after qual at each round so slowest is lightest
and run a few races with these weights and see how even it is
lx4 is more than fast enought and much less of a handfull than lx6
7 week series is quite long so allowing to drop a round is a good idea but will make it harder to work out whos
leading the series till the end :)
voteing on tracks would be cool need a few tapped out ones and some tight and technicals to keep it interesting
or running all varations of south city could be cool
just ideas

stoked about reset rule...has defanatly added a level of fairness ...and has improved experence imensely for my self
very fine line with the lxs and even small wall taps manages to bend them up
ImageImageImage
Krayy
Advanced
LFS License: S2

Re: Next series?

Postby Krayy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Regarding handicapping...

I can modify LFSLapper to support an individual handicap for each Racer/Car combo, and make it fairly easy to add/remove weight or intake restrictions by the race admins. This means that we can have either a rolling handicap for each car that can be modified as races are run, or we can just set/clear all racers handicaps for a race. That way we can keep Sly_Guy at the back of the pack :P

Other Lapper stuff:

Car resets are in and working, so we're sweet there.
Looking at adding some extra commands like a "!who" to see who's online, their handicaps, pit work and other relevant info.

If anyone thinks of a feature they want to see, let me know and I'll see if it's possible.
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General”