Setup questions

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
Tim
Rookie
LFS License: S2
LFS User: Tim32

Setup questions

Postby Tim » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Now that I have almost all the setups downloaded from team Inferno's site (it has taken forever to do it) I see a lot of setups that are for short race and hotlapping. I am wondering if changing caster/camber, braking and tire pressure (one small change at a time) will make these reliable and also driveable or stable for race setups. What else helps these setups and what else do I need to learn to mod these setups and any other setups I come across? I want to learn how to mod setups a lot please.
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Re: Setup questions

Postby Steala » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey Tim..
You can also get setups from Setup Grid - www.setupgrid.net ;)

As for setups, well I am the worst person to answer this.. I think there will be a few other members who can have better input...

A link I know is: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Advanced_Setup_Guide

Hope that helps?
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:53 pm

yea I was going to suggest setup grid too. i dont play with setups that much, I have been more lately but still not very good at this, that setup guide is pretty good.

all about handling grip v tyre wear and driving style plays a part as well. hotlap setups usualy have aggressive camber and tyre pressures, so to start decrease camber maybe a 1 deg and see how it goes. braking levels just adjust to suit you - i like my braking pretty weak so i can apply lots of pedal some like it hard so they can apply not much pedal and get instant responce. if its locking up too much turn it down brake force / play with front / rear balance - usualy more to front locks up easier, more to rear makes rear slide out when braking.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 pm

I generally like to start with a hotlap setup, and go from there. Usually pretty minor adjustments like, reduce some camber out, adjust the pressures so they last more than a handful of laps, and usually adjust the roll bars and make the car a little softer and more forgiving.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General”