Blue Flag Discussion

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
mik641
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Re: Blue Flag Discussion

Postby mik641 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:03 pm

slower car should pull over.. the person who is being lapped should go to the side no matter how fast they are. its courtesy and more fair on the racers ahead of you.

most time when i am being overtaken i try to hold my line as i know ( well i have confidence in better drivers) they will get past safely, or i will pull over at the first available moment ( ie when coming onto a straight)

As for being flagged and holding your line because it is your right.. Ahh NO. Try that at a real race meeting. If you are being lapped its likely unless you are super fast you wont have a chance to compete for race position probably for a while or atleast till the end of the race.

Say for example you are towing a trailer on the road ( common sence here not lets get all anal about whether its on track or not) your speed limit is 90khm (correct me if i am wrong here) so you being the naturally slower driver would go into the overtaking lane on the highway and block other people from passing? Uhh no i dont think so! You would know being the slower car to stay in the left lane to let others past safely.
Image ImageImage
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Postby Swivel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:51 pm

mik641 wrote:the person who is being lapped should go to the side no matter how fast they are. its courtesy and more fair on the racers ahead of you..
So if you come out of the pits and get a blue flag, your to pull over ??

mik641 wrote:most time when i am being overtaken i try to hold my line as i know ( well i have confidence in better drivers) they will get past safely, or i will pull over at the first available moment ( ie when coming onto a straight).
Just what i'm saying should happen with a blue flag
mik641 wrote:As for being flagged and holding your line because it is your right.. Ahh NO. Try that at a real race meeting. If you are being lapped its likely unless you are super fast you wont have a chance to compete for race position probably for a while or atleast till the end of the race.
Holding your line if your being lapped is the safest thing, (as your not going to try and stop the car lapping) as then the faster car can overtake safely as they know what your doing. Otherwise it could be a crash if the front guy gets nervous and panic's.

Say for example you are towing a trailer on the road ( common sence here not lets get all anal about whether its on track or not) your speed limit is 90khm (correct me if i am wrong here) so you being the naturally slower driver would go into the overtaking lane on the highway and block other people from passing? Uhh no i dont think so! You would know being the slower car to stay in the left lane to let others past safely.[/quote]
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Postby Swivel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 pm

This is whats on TCRally when it comes to the blue flag.

Blue Flag

A blue flag tells you that a car behind is in a higher position than you are. The action you will take depends on your situation. Let's examine the two likely situations where a blue flag will appear in Live For Speed.

If you are being lapped by a faster car: The car behind you is consistently faster than you and has managed to travel one more lap than you have. He is about to overtake you and the blue flag is displayed to warn you of his presence. In this case you are hindering his progress and must allow him to pass you as soon as it is safe to do so (you can't be expected to yield while negotiating a chicane or high speed corner) Hold your line don't fight the other car, do not make any sudden movements left or right, ease off slightly and let him pass. He is a lap ahead of you and you are not fighting him for position. You must not hold him up.

The car behind you is in a higher position but is not consistently faster than you. Perhaps you had an earlier spin or have just made a pit stop or stopped to serve a penalty and that is why your rival has managed to creep up behind you as if he is about to lap you. As above, if you see a blue flag you must not hinder the progress of the car behind, if you are holding it up you should allow the other car to pass you as soon as possible. If you are not hindering its progress then get on with the job and leave it behind you.
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken

Return to “General”