What do you drive?

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
.kiwi.
Advanced
LFS License: S2
LFS User: [LFSNZ].Kiwi.
Combat Arms Name: Johnnythboy

What do you drive?

Postby .kiwi. » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:05 pm

I just got me a new car and was wondering what sort of rides everyone else has.

the car i just got is a totally factory looking blue over silver 1990 VN commodore. 3.8 V6 wth a 5 speed manual box. awesome car with plenty of grunt and oh soo comfortable to ride in. i just ordered a performance chip for it too. my other wagons are a mazda titan double cab tip truck and a 4x4 delica diesel van. (they are the ones that make it on the road) so now you see why i say the commy is so comfy lol. i have also got a couple of roughy 4wd's i use to push logs, get airborne and stuck in(i hate getting stuck) letting kids drive and that sort of thing. im about to build a log splitter on the back of one of them. should be ass end heavy enough to do wheelies then haha. no doubt i will be dumb enough to try one day :)
[EDITED BY ADMIN]
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Re: What do you drive?

Postby Swivel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:20 pm

XFG. Well in real life it's a 1985 Mazda Familia XG 3 door (same colours as the car I race with TC on the side) (Thanks to Piratebob). Just over 86,000k's original
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
.kiwi.
Advanced

Postby .kiwi. » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 pm

lol no wonder you like driving the xfg. a mate of mine down here has a 85 323 turbo. he is always doing something under the bonnet of it. its madness the amount of power they put out
[EDITED BY ADMIN]
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Postby Swivel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Yeah same car, mines the import version of the 323
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Postby KWAK » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:34 am

I drive KUMHO?

When I saw the title of this thread I almost cried! I haven't owned a car for 2yrs now! ( and NO I didnt lose my Licence! )
Thats the bad thing with Travelling around the world, It's hard to own a car!

So I will list previous owned to make me feel better :)

1st: 1986 Honda Civic Si 3dr! First car, treated like one too! 1.6ltr PGM-Fi motor
2nd: 1992 Honda Integra XSi, ( my baby ), 1.6ltr Dohc VTEC! 194hp! 89mm off the ground! Crowesport sway bars, hks exhaust, autogauge gauges. 14.4 quarter mile! (Ruapuna Raceway)
3rd: 1993 Mitsibushi Libero X S/W, same as a GSR Lancer without the turbo, BLACK, TINTED, LOWERED, 17" SHADOW RIMS (Cruise wagon)
4TH: 1990 NISSAN SENTRA SPORTWAGON! YEAH BABY! 1.4LTR 280,000KM'S! NZ NEW!I loved this car, it just kept going and going when I was a student, and did the best burnouts! and was Awesome for Rallying ( note: on private roads )
5th: 1989 Mistibushi L300 Van 5spd C shift!, 2ltr petrol, 200,000kms+ , no rear seats, so used it for a road trip around the north island and back! 6,500km's in 19days!
6th: 1993 Subaru Legacy TSR S/W, enough said! still paying this s%^t on wheels off!

All cars Manual, and made money on all except the Subaru. Made $3500 on the integra! I use to sell cars in CHCH, so got them all wholesale or from the yard. Next car............ hmm...................
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:01 am

AHHHhhhh what a good idea kwak and an interesting list of rides there mate, I think I too will list mine to date from what I can remember :D

1957 Morris Oxford
Suzuki TC100
Suzuki TS185
1970 Vauxhall Victor
1972 Datsun 180B
1978 Ford Cortina
1980 Ford Cortina Sport
1972 Holden Statesman
1969 Vauxhall Viva
1983 Ford Fairmont
1990 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Nissan Maxima
1993 Nissan Maxima
1990 Isuzu Bighorn
1994 Holden Commodore
1990 Ford Falcon
2001 Holden Vectra
1997 Holden Commodore SS (currently owned)
1989 Mitsubishi Galant
1990 Mitsubishi Galant
2001 Holden Astra
1989 Nissan Terrano (currently owned)
1991 Nissan Terrano (currently owned)
1990 Terrano (currently owned)

Lost money on every single one except the vauxhall viva which I sold to my dear mother, bless her wee heart ;)
AREA-51
Advanced

Postby AREA-51 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh man!!!

Ok - I'm turning 50 in May so as you can imagine my list is long - can't remember all the years so will just list the Makes.

Vauxhall Vellox x1
Vuaxhall Victor x1
Morris 2ton commercail x1 (thank god)
Morris Minor x3
Ford Prefect 100e x3
Ford Cortina MkI x1 - MkII x1 - Mk III x1
Ford XD Ute x1
Ford XR Ute x1
Holden Special x1
Holden HQ Ute x1
Holden HQ saloon x2
Holden HK Ute x1
Holden EK wagon x1
Holden HJ wagon x1
Datsun Sunny x1
Borgward Isabella x1
Ford Model A x1
Dodge Pioneer 1961 x1
Morris Kimberly x1
Toyota Surf x1
Toyota Celica Mk3 x1
Skoda Treka x1
Skoda car x1
Jaguar 240 x1
Bedford Van x1
Ford Transit Van x1
Bedford J2 Flat Deck Truck x1
Ford Zepher Mk1 x1 - Mk2 x1
Ford Consul Mk1 x1
Crysler Valiant AP5 x1
Humber 80 x??? (too many to recall at least 8)
Vauxhall Viva - Worked Holden Commodore 4 - Magnum dif
Holden Sunbird - worked Holden 202 (very very quick) - Toyota Supra box

Well i think i missed a few - at the moment I have a 2002 Ford AUII XR8 Ute - Rage headers and exhaust - chipped - ported - lowered - loved.
EDITABLE LFS DRIVERS MANUAL WiKi

HONOR THE GODS - LOVE YOUR WOMAN - BE BRAVE IN BATTLE
.kiwi.
Advanced

Postby .kiwi. » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:28 pm

well there are some cool cars listed here. i am trying to remember all the cars i have owned, here are a few.
mark 1 cortina, i had a 2litre cortina engine and 5 spd supra g/b fitted in that, a real hoons car that was.
mark 3 GT cortina, already fitted with a 3 litre v6. fast as til ya got to about 160k's. still had the 4 cyl diff int it so thats as fast as it went lol.
1987 holden barina, went really well and i thrashed it for about 5? years til it blew the g/b and i traded it in.
1986 nissan bluebird, puss bucket granny car.
the good ol vauxhall viva, my first car and i handled all the things 15-16 year olds can do. ah the memories :).
VE valiant, like a couch on wheels til ya got to about the ton, then it felt like the titanic lol i over revved the old 225 beating a cortina in a drag and sold it after that.
one of those sentra wagons that kwak loved. and just like him i liked it too although i dont think i drove it on gravel, done the wicked handbrakies tho. i done one from about 120k's and swung on the wheel HARD one night. (mad!!).
the good ol datto!! 120Y coupe, along with the mark 1 about the only cars i regret selling, i could zig zag the cats eyes on the open road at 100 k's in that. i used to get bored driving the 45 k's home at night lol.
hangs head and admits to owning a tredia turbo. fast wee car but......
i dont think that was as bad as the triumph 2000 lmao. what a piece of british motoring that was. why did i buy that?
mazda b1600 ute x2
mazda b2200 ute
a suzuki van, i used that as a woodbox when i was living near tuatapere on the edge of the fiordland forest. i would drive into the bush area, find dry wood, cut it and throw it in the van and park it by my back door. excellent!!
a vauxhall chevette :) good wee rally car. had that for the bush roads out at tuatapere. felt as tho it was flying being so small. but probly not!!
im sure i have missed a couple but they cant be worth remembering, like the bluebird diesel......that ran on waste oil haha
[EDITED BY ADMIN]
Speeder
Rookie

Postby Speeder » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm

I would post on this if I was actually old enough to drive a car :)
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:38 am

No worries speeder, we're just gettin it all written down before we're too old to remember :oops:

Return to “General”