Reverse mounted pedals

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Reverse mounted pedals

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

My pedals were spiking as they do so i pulled them out and while in the shed blasting the dust and rubbish out of them i found some timber that would be a decent mount, was even already drilled to M6. So i bolted a pedal to it to see how it went.

Thought this could actually work and found some panels to stick on the side

Then i figured even though those holes are already there the pedals needed to be lower so i started the re-drilling process and also actually attached the side panels instead of having them sit there with very little holding the main part up.

It makes it very very easy to change the angle of the pedals later if i want too, i just drill one new hole in each side and the pins come out and go in the new holes, easier done then explained lol.

Then i drilled more holes for the rest of pedals and extras. Each hole has a gap of 20mm for plenty of adjustment if need be.

Then all i had to do was rewire it which required me asking Chris to gut his because i couldnt remember which colours went where....

And thats it, once its up against the wall it doesnt move at all which im very happy with :D

And one more pic of them in their home

Im actually pretty stoked with it considering i just slapped it together in a couple of hours. Sadly though my shifter died while testing the pedals and now i can only get 1st in all of the top positions so the bodnar cable i had planned for the pedals will have to wait while i buy a th8 rs shifter :D
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Re: Reverse mounted pedals

Postby dynofiend » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Nice job!
ImageImage
Krayy
Advanced

Postby Krayy » Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Right...time to make a pedal box
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 am

because i went the lazy route and didnt actually screw the sides on it fell apart under heavy braking... It had been perfectly fine hadnt moved at all untill i went for full brake pressure along with the clutch and a bit of heel toe action and it all sort of collapsed on my feet. It was in a qualifying session on iracing so that blew my SR but it did make me screw them together finally.

Also just as a quick sidenote, i spayed a little bit of wd40 or silicon spray (cant remember which) into the pots and working like brand new again, havent spiked at all since i did it
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Return to “General”