Current & Past Race Series and Events
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Postby 4aged » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 pm

hehe thats an idea

was thinking of doing a series with 2 classes like PRO and CUP class, but same cars etc just your points end up on a different table. maybe extra points for every PRO person you finish in front of....
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Andre
Rookie
LFS User: AndreNZ

Postby Andre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Can't make this one. Was looking forward to it too. :(

Uni is crazy at the moment.
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Postby dynofiend » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 am

Andre, cant say im dissapointed you werent there. It would have only meant everyone dropped down a place :P

4aged, heres another idea, how about a 'blind pick' series. Car/track combo is pulled out of a randomiser on the night, so noone can practice :lol:
ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 am

yeap thats a good idea too.....

was a good turn out cheers all who came! my race 1 was pretty crap, race 2 I had better pace but stupid pit limiter didnt work when i launched out of pit bay and gave me drive through due to wheel spin.... fun car to drive when your getting on the pace, throwing the car into the corners is good fun.

results soon.
Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

dynofiend wrote:4aged, heres another idea, how about a 'blind pick' series. Car/track combo is pulled out of a randomiser on the night, so noone can practice :lol:
I was actually thinking of that idea as well, would be pretty fun :D

Fairly disappointed with last nights races. They were good fun still, but I was quick to win at least one of them, just kept making crappy mistakes. Consistency is key, as Dyno was saying. Race 1 was a good battle between Tiptop and myself. I was basically just running behind him for most of it, made a few passes at certain points, but with the drafting he would just come straight back. I wasn't brave enough when I was drafting so it was usually wasted. Race 2 I started on r2s thinking that I would be able to get past most people within the lap. That strategy worked until I ended up getting a little damage as well. So pitted, changing to R3s and repairing the damage. That took 19 seconds and then was the massive challenge to work my way back up :cry:

All in all was good to see a decent number of cars out on the track and still had a couple good battles so its all good :D
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:22 pm

full results and points: http://forums.lfsnz.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 7718#p7718

Even points for 1st place!!!!
tiptop114
Beginner
LFS User: Tiptop114

Postby tiptop114 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Great racing guys.

Quite enjoyed the night. Race 1 had a good old battle with chris and managed to hold him off on the last lap. Thanks chris for that race was one of the better battles ive had :D

Race 2 was, well very bad. Need to say sorry the Krayy after a pretty dumb move up the inside of the very fast right hander. Sorry mate.

See you all at the next track. Just remember i love the city so you's better be on it ;)
Krayy
Advanced

Postby Krayy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Alls good...i didn't really expect you to hang around as there was a lot of action going on so thanks for the chance to make up the place.
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

just rememberd about this roundlol and that i cant make it :( so hopefully krayy or steala can make it to admin? i might be able to make it a a spectator (will be out of town at a mates place)

pretty hard track from the pratice i did with all the bumps, lots of little wall scrapes n bangs.

should be fun
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Postby dynofiend » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Cool racing! Sorry to Chris I think for giving him a punt in race 2. It looked like things managed to even out by the end with most people finishing in quailfying/lap time order.

Onto the next one, and am I right in thinking this is the oval track? Never even turned a single lap on the oval in any car before!
ImageImage

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”