TelstraClear vs Telecom broadband

Experiencing technical issues with your computer or games? Ask for help here!
Krayy
Advanced
LFS License: S2

TelstraClear vs Telecom broadband

Postby Krayy » Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 am

Okay boys, time for old fashioned telco bashing...

I'm with Telecom for broadband. Costs a bomb, get dropped every race night, and all the ISPs piggy back on their network etc.

Telstra have called with an offer of 2 free months broadband + phone, so that would negate any termination fees from telecom, and the have ADSL2+ DSLAMs in the roadside cabinets in Pt Chevalier with copper the last km to the door.

The question is, has anyone had experience with Telstra broadband, and should I switch?
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Re: TelstraClear vs Telecom broadband

Postby Steala » Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 am

I know that Swivel had issues getting a connection however that was because Telstraclear had to lay down a new line I think.

Are you in coverage? If so, I think you will be better off with changing. I do know that what you will get, won't be the same as Cable but it is probably worth a try? Is Telstra locking you in with a contract?
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 pm

We have telecom broadband.. never a problem. Worth a try to switch, if it still disconnects maybe its your pc ?
Image ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Wed May 26, 2010 7:48 pm

My Telstra cable service is awsome, very reilable & good speed. Customer service/getting them to do anything/signing up....really useless!!!!

i wonder if your Telecon DSLAM is really busy, maybe a change to voda or telstra or orcon (ISP that have their own DSLAMS)
also mY mate here in CHCH has Telstra ADSL2 here, he gets afew disconects gaming, and took month to get it setup lo!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm

i dunno if my opinion helps been an aussie but i use telstra and have just switched to adsl2 which the speeds are a bit disappointing but thats not because of telstra, just a dodgy modem/router :S Beforehand though they were rather good imo. Never had any drop outs or anything and always got the speed i was supposed to but again i only know what the aussie telstra is like
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Return to “Technical Help”