Series Podium: 1st: 4AGED, 2nd:Racefactory 3rd: Swivel
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3
LFS User: Swivel
Combat Arms Name: Swivel

Re: ** [LFSNZ] KING OF THE DIRT TROPHY**

Postby Swivel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Oh the RB4 looks good with all those flags (BL2) XFG as well. But lonely with the UF1000 (Yes I did) lol
ImageImage
I thought I was wrong once, But I was Mistaken
racefactory
Beginner

Postby racefactory » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 pm

Swivel wrote:
racefactory wrote:you guys using handbrake into first turn???

one thing i found that helped BIG TIME, is setting brakes to less front brake in balance. this means you can create oversteer into turn 1 which is hugely important.

some of you guys may be interested to see my line...(its on LFSWORLD hotlaps) i gained a lot of time just because of this change. What i do is i take the very inside of the track across the start finish line and STAY on the inside.. all along up to turn 1... i brake along the inside apex and then HANDBRAKE around onto the dirt... damn fun too... though the world record does not take this line i find its faster for me and will create some passing opportunities i feel...
If you do a compare with your race to mine or 1st. You are loosing big time with the first corner. you could cut 1/2 upto 1 second off your time if you go wider into the first corner. (Just my Opinion). I need to practice the corner back onto the dirt down the back streight).
i dont know mate do you mean my qualifying lap?? you may think that because i stuffed the first corner lap 1 BIG time? my first split was like tiny bit quicker than 4aged who lapped 0.01 slower than me so i dont think its that a... the thing is i reckon i make up for time in braking because i can brake in a dead straight line with maximum braking force, the other line which you guys take mean you have to trail brake which is way not as effective, and harder... but then, you do gain speed into the corner that way... i dont know i reckon its even...
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 am

Swivel wrote:Oh the RB4 looks good with all those flags (BL2) XFG as well. But lonely with the UF1000 (Yes I did) lol
Lmao bro! I did look at doin a hottie in the UF1 then thought hmmm I'll wait for swivel to upload one first!
Swivel
Site Admin

Postby Swivel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:27 am

Well go for it. Just doing another setup for Hot Lapping. So should get into the 1.13 soon
ImageImage
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Geez swivel....I'm not going to tell you how long I've been at it today but crikey it ain easy! Nothing to upload as yet and I think it maybe the cold weather today as I seem to be going slower than an arthritic ant carrying a heavy load.....
Swivel
Site Admin

Postby Swivel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Quote" If you do a compare with your race to mine or 1st. You are loosing big time with the first corner. you could cut 1/2 upto 1 second off your time if you go wider into the first corner. (Just my Opinion). I need to practice the corner back onto the dirt down the back streight).[/quote]

i dont know mate do you mean my qualifying lap?? you may think that because i stuffed the first corner lap 1 BIG time? my first split was like tiny bit quicker than 4aged who lapped 0.01 slower than me so i dont think its that a... the thing is i reckon i make up for time in braking because i can brake in a dead straight line with maximum braking force, the other line which you guys take mean you have to trail brake which is way not as effective, and harder... but then, you do gain speed into the corner that way... i dont know i reckon its even...[/quote]

I mean if you look on the Hot Lapping, Your first corner slows you down if you use that line. More of a sweeping turn is faster. You can compare laps via the Hot lap Analyzer.
ImageImage
Swivel
Site Admin

Postby Swivel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:23 pm

kumarakid wrote:
Swivel wrote:Oh the RB4 looks good with all those flags (BL2) XFG as well. But lonely with the UF1000 (Yes I did) lol
Lmao bro! I did look at doin a hottie in the UF1 then thought hmmm I'll wait for swivel to upload one first!

LOL th uf1000 is a fun car to drive. Will be doing HL with it tonight.
ImageImage
racefactory
Beginner

Postby racefactory » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:21 pm

lol i seem to be shiit slow in that UF1000! great fun though!
Swivel
Site Admin

Postby Swivel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm

yeah. there is something fun about them, I remember the fun we had on Westhill with them It was the line had to be correct, or you just didn't have a chance. Maybe a 10 lapper one day. Or Drags.
ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

FE5!!

Postby 4aged » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:13 am

not really liking this track that much but have done a 1:13:370 tonight on an setupgrid hotlap setup. I don't have a setup that will let my tyres last 15 laps so i think race pace will be alot slower. Got to be so careful not to so squeel tyres, not sure if thats how it is or my setups.

should be good fun though, overtaking on the dirt sections could be interesting.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

Return to “[LFSNZ] KING OF THE DIRT TROPHY 2008”